Sports Break: After death of his wife, ESPN’s Chris Berman and family respond to ‘outpouring of love and sympathy’

Will the Clippers be able to keep Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and J.J. Redick?; Lil’ Papi Andrew Benintendi fills enormous shoes for the Red Sox; Wizards squander opportunity to take series lead over Celtics, instead get waxed in Game 5, 123-101; The Capitals’ season comes to an all-too-familiar end with a 2-0 loss to the Penguins in Game 7; LaVar Ball says he doesn’t need Kobe Bryant’s advice (did he even offer it?); NFL reportedly denies Josh Gordon’s latest bid for reinstatement; Jerry Jones says Cowboys won’t honor Tony Romo until he officially retires; ‘He just acts like a kid in every way now’: The decline of former Dolphin Jim Kiick; Cam Newton’s birthday video is going to destroy the letters-to-the-editor page; After death of his wife, ESPN’s Chris Berman and family respond to ‘outpouring of love and sympathy’; Two Titans players are accused in lawsuit of assaulting a man over an NFL draft comment; Cleveland radio host loses her mind, accuses Browns’ Jabrill Peppers and Joe Thomas of drug use; ESPN is like ‘a controversial reality TV show,’ Draymond Green gripes in media critique; Jeremy Lin says he heard many more racial slurs while playing in college than in NBA; CSI: Washington — How the Caps lost this year, and every year
 
Sports Break
National sports stories and blog updates
 
 
LaVar Ball says he doesn’t need Kobe Bryant’s advice (did he even offer it?)
Yep, he’s still talking.
NFL reportedly denies Josh Gordon’s latest bid for reinstatement
The Cleveland Browns’ star wide receiver, who hasn’t played for two seasons because of substance-abuse policy violations, can reapply in the fall.
 
Jerry Jones says Cowboys won’t honor Tony Romo until he officially retires
Dallas’s former quarterback says he’s “99 percent” retired. Jones apparently is thinking about the remaining 1 percent.
 
‘He just acts like a kid in every way now’: The decline of former Dolphin Jim Kiick
Now in assisted living, the 70-year-old running back from the last undefeated NFL team “has holes in his brain,” a doctor says.
 
ADVERTISEMENT
 
Cam Newton’s birthday video is going to destroy the letters-to-the-editor page
It registered an 8.9 on the hot-take Richter scale.
 
After death of his wife, ESPN’s Chris Berman and family respond to ‘outpouring of love and sympathy’
Kathy Berman was killed in a two-car crash Tuesday afternoon in western Connecticut.
 
CSI: Washington — How the Caps lost this year, and every year
Diagnosing the cause of death for each of the Capitals’ playoff series losses in the Alex Ovechkin Era.
 
Will the Clippers be able to keep Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and J.J. Redick?
What happens with Los Angeles’s three key free agents could vastly alter the future of Steve Ballmer’s team.
 
 
Two Titans players are accused in lawsuit of assaulting a man over an NFL draft comment
Nashville man alleges that wide receiver Tajae Sharpe took out his frustration on him when the team drafted a wide receiver. Offensive lineman Sebastian Tretola allegedly acted as his lookout.
 
Lil’ Papi Andrew Benintendi fills enormous shoes for the Red Sox
The 22-year-old is unexpectedly picking up where David Ortiz left off, keeping Boston afloat through a messy start.
 
Cleveland radio host loses her mind, accuses Browns’ Jabrill Peppers and Joe Thomas of drug use
She seems a little short in the evidence department.
 
ESPN is like ‘a controversial reality TV show,’ Draymond Green gripes in media critique
He wasn’t happy with how his quotes about the Cavaliers’ opponents were reported.
 
ADVERTISEMENT
 
Jeremy Lin says he heard many more racial slurs while playing in college than in NBA
Lin’s unusual basketball journey as an Asian American included four seasons at Harvard, when he says was subjected to racial slurs and heckling.
 
Wizards squander opportunity to take series lead over Celtics, instead get waxed in Game 5, 123-101
Playing on its home court, Boston looked like the better team from the get-go, leading by double digits nearly the whole way. Avery Bradley, a Celtics guard best known for his defense, was on fire for much of the game, finishing with 29 points. Game 6 is Friday at 8 p.m. This is a developing […]
The Capitals’ season comes to an all-too-familiar end with a 2-0 loss to the Penguins in Game 7
Washington can’t get past Pittsburgh or its own bitter playoff history, dropping a heartbreaking game in front of its home crowd after fighting back from a 3-1 series deficit. The Capitals haven’t advanced to the conference championship round since 1998 — a drought that includes Alex Ovechkin’s entire tenure in D.C. This is a developing […]
Recommended for you
 
Monday Morning Post Up
All the NBA news and commentary you need, once a week.
Sign Up »
 
     
 
©2017 The Washington Post, 1301 K St NW, Washington DC 20071
 
 
 

Related posts